FIRE-RATED CABINETS FLAME-SHIELD® OPTION
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The FLAME-SHIELD option is available
for a variety of Larsen's fire extinguisher, fire department valve, fire
hose and fire blanket cabinets.
It is designed specifically to maintain the integrity of one and two
hour fire walls with all Larsen's recessed and semi-recessed cabinets.
Warnock-Hersey has certified and listed Larsen's FLAME-SHIELD
option for one and two hour combustible and non-combustible wall systems
to meet requirements of UBC Standard 43-6 (ASTM E-814).
Larsen's FLAME-SHIELD option assures the specifier that life
safety codes will be maintained and by eliminating the need to continue
the fire wall within the rough opening, saves the installer considerable
time and expense.
Larsen's FLAME-SHIELD option is appropriate for either new construction or renovation projects.
BOX SPECIFICATION: All boxes for Larsen's fire protection cabinets with the FLAME-SHIELD option are constructed of cold-rolled steel with baked acrylic enamel finish.
The space between the double walls is lined entirely with 5/8" thick fire barrier material.
All of Larsen's door styles are available with the FLAME-SHIELD option.
Please refer to the following links for illustrations and descriptions of these door styles:
- Architectural Series Door Styles
- Medallion Series Door Styles
- Gemini Series Door Styles
- Cameo Series Door Styles
- Occult Series Door Styles
All of Larsen's door and trim materials are available with the FLAME-SHIELD option:
- Steel: One piece, cold-rolled with a standard finish of white baked acrylic enamel.
- Aluminum: Extruded or fabricated construction with a standard clear satin anodized finish.
A wide selection of optional color anodized finishes is available.
- Stainless Steel: One piece, 304 stainless steel with a standard finish #4 brushed finish or
optional #8 polished finish.
- Solid Brass or Solid Bronze: One piece with a standard #4 satin or optional #8 polished finish.
All doors and trims have a clear protective coating.