FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING A TWO WEEK SHIPPING DELAY DUE TO THE MANUFACTURER. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Portable fire extinguishers are your best line of defense to protect your business, property and family.
Amerex Production Line of Fire Extinguisher Cylinders
FEMA statistics state how important it is to be prepared and what is at risk:
The risk of death and injury from fire in the United States is not the same for everyone — it is more severe for some groups than for others. Much can be learned from understanding why different segments of society are at a heightened risk from the fire problem.
Findings from the report
Be Prepared! Typically, 5lb ABC fire extinguishers are used in most commercial locations. For more information on which extinguisher to use in your home,
- 3,470 deaths and 15,925 injuries in the U.S. were caused by fires. These casualties were not equally distributed across the population.
- Adults age 80 to 84 had the highest risk of fire death; those 85 and older were at the greatest risk of fire injury.
- While lower than the relative risk of the general population, children age 4 and under faced an elevated risk of both injury and death in a fire when compared with older children (age 5 to 14).
- Males were 1.5 times more likely to die in fires than females.
- African-Americans and American Indians/Alaska Natives were at a greater relative risk of dying in a fire than the general population.
- The relative risk of dying in a fire for people living in the South was higher than for populations living in other regions.